Summer Learning Camp FAQ
What is the Summer Learning Camp?
- Rising kindergartners through 5th graders are invited to participate in Summer Learning Camp. The primary focus will be on continuing to develop students’ foundational skills with a focus on math and reading.
Will the entire day be spent on reading and math?
- During this program, students will also have the opportunity to learn through exploration and imagination during our daily STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Music) activities! Physical activity will also be incorporated into our summer of fun-filled learning!
Where is the camp being held?
- The camp will be held at West Side Elementary.
What are the dates of the camp?
- May 30 - June 2 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday)
- June 5-8 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- June 12-15 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- June 19-22 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
What are the hours for camp?
- The camp will begin at 8:00 a.m. and will conclude at 3:00 p.m. daily.
Will meals be provided at the camp?
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Will transportation be provided?
- Transportation will be available for city residents only. The buses will follow the existing routes that are posted under Summer School under the Parent Tab on the Elizabethton City Schools website (www.ecschools.net).
Can my child still attend ESP?
- For those interested, ESP will also be available for a minimal fee until 6:00 pm each evening and on days when the learning camp is not in operation. For more information, please contact Jordan Carder at 547-8020 ext. 2012 or email@example.com